Postnatal water flotation was established by Laura in 2005 in Cape Town and is more than just a comforting experience; it is a groundbreaking developmental technique, which offers numerous physical and emotional benefits for neonates and young babies.
Your Baby’s Brain And Muscles Grow With Use…
Hydrotherapy (flotation and exercise in water) supports mental and physical development so essential to your baby’s ability to move with control, and act with purpose on land.
The more your baby can use his/her brain and muscles, the stronger they will grow. At Baby Spa, your baby will find the freedom and space he/she needs to progress and, most importantly, have fun as they learn at their own pace.
Time In The Water Is Always Time Well Spent…
As your baby kicks around in the water, the small rocking waves he/she creates will help to improve their balance and coordination and, ultimately, support their ability to crawl, walk and swim. Even if your baby falls asleep in the water that rocking will continue with his/her rhythmic breathing.
The sensation of floating in warm water puts babies completely at ease and can promote a number of key benefits:
- Muscular and skeletal strength is increased through the water’s gentle resistance.
- Movement through the water has a positive effect on the digestive and circulatory systems, which can reduce meconium levels and lowers the risk of jaundice three or four days after birth.
- Subtle water pressure on the chest can increase lung capacity by strengthening intercostal muscles and the respiratory system.
- Regular visits can benefit the cardiovascular system.
- Innate swimming reflexes are stimulated and co-ordination is developed as they learn to control their movements.